Sunday 25 October 2015

Yes, Mother!







When I was growing-up - my mother had a real bee in her bonnet about posture.


And if she caught me walking with even a hint of a slump - I'd get a thump.


She'd say: "Deborah - throw those shoulders back and stick your chest out."


I'd respond: "I would, if I had a chest to stick out."


She'd shoot back: "Then pretend you do!"


(Ha! Pretend I do? This should be interesting. But I did it, none-the-less.) 


"Yes, Mother!", was my dutiful reply.


So to this day I'm mindful of how important my posture is.


Not just my physical stance - but my particular approach and attitude with people.


As an example, the way I choose to conduct myself as a small business owner.


I position myself in a non-threatening, positive and helpful way.


(...the friendly, "I could be your solution" stance.)


This is the kind of proper posture I'm all about now.


Surely mom would be proud.







* And even though it's particular to 'Food Safety Auditing' the link below is a useful read! * 




Bonus: A photo guide for proper posture!




How do you posture yourself  successfully when doing business?



I value you + your views, so let's communicate!


And don't be shy, stop by.






No comments:

Post a Comment