Sunday 23 November 2014

Intoxicating Scents






The nose knows.


(Well mine certainly does!)


And after breathing-in the intoxicating scents of Upstate New York in the Fall,


I was reminded of how sentimental I get at this time of year.


Autumn is magic. It's my favourite season.


It's colourful, it's fragrant, it's nostalgic and it has an uncanny effect on me.


From falling-leaves, pumpkins and apple cider to pine trees, maple syrup and log fires;


I found myself sighing gratefully from one day to the next.


And when I walked the trails of Beaver Lake's enchanted forest...


...my senses were exploding and I was giving thanks.


I was also whispering a Rah-Rah! and writing another Sunday SideLines just for you.












What kinds of scents move you?






No comments:

Post a Comment