Tuesday 19 November 2013

Blunders

This week’s enthusiastic Debby Barnes Voice-Over Rah-Rah! is for Rodney Saulsberry. Because we all need another kind reminder that blunders are okay. His October 1st, ‘Mistakes’ blog was not only encouraging, it was comforting as well.

 
I first ‘met’ this highly motivated, inspirational, gifted and upstanding guy through his bestselling books, ‘You Can Bank On Your Voice’ and ‘Step Up To The Mic’ He's a well-seasoned and successful premier Voice-Over Talent, so reading his proclamation, “I am declaring it in my life right here and now! It’s okay to make a mistake!” was almost palliative. I wholeheartedly agree with him when he states: “The fact is, you can’t succeed without failing.” (I’m actually counting on this one!) And he’s right, “Mistakes are our teachers.” 
 
He continues to make his welcome point by reminding us what the Jazz great, Miles Davis once said: "When you hit a wrong note, it's the next note that makes it good or bad."
It isn’t fun to relive my many faux pas’.  I’ve certainly stumbled and crawled through personal and professional slip-ups in life like everyone else. And it could’ve easily defeated me if I had let it. I still have to realign myself in order to remind myself that tripping-up isn’t the end of the world. In my humble opinion, it’s the beginning of more wisdom. In order to stay above and beyond my blunders I have to embrace this take-away. And Rodney’s right, "You're going to make mistakes from time to time, that is a part of life. How you handle them will be what matters most.” “The fact is, you can’t succeed without failing.”

So here’s to making mistakes and getting it right, inside and outside our studio walls. I think Rodney would agree with this affirmation. Rah-Rah!

Click the link below and scroll to Tuesday, October 1st, 2013  'It's Okay to Make a Mistake'

http://www.rodneysaulsberry.com/blog.html

Comment & Share!
www.debbybarnes.com


 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment